Bulgarian Alcohol Maker Gets Sizable Fine over Fake Ouzo Ad
Bulgaria's Competition Protection Commission imposed a fine of BGN 898 680 on the alcohol producers SIS Industries Ltd over the refusal of the firm to stop a problematic TV ad.
On July 2, 2009, the competition watchdog decided that the TV of the alcoholic drink Ouzaki Zorbas was in fact deluding because it created the impression that the drink was a version of the Greek drink Ouzo that is quote popular in Bulgaria.
The Commission had ordered SIS Industries to make sure the problematic ad does not air on TV any more. A month later, the Commission discovered that the ad was still airing in the same form.
The fine imposed on the alcohol maker has taken into account its financial condition, and the respective legal charges.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
Business » Be a reporter: Write and send your article
- » Brain Business Jobs in Bulgaria Grow Strongly
- » Bulgaria is 43rd in the World in terms of Economic Freedom
- » Musk admits that “X” might become a Paid Platform
- » Bulgaria: Group of Men Brutally Beat a Boy with Clubs and Stakes in Harmanli
- » Bulgaria: The Airports in Burgas and Varna reported over 800,000 Passengers in August
- » Bulgaria expects Annual Inflation of around 8%