Chief Secretary of Bulgaria Parliament Resigns
The Chief Secretary of the Bulgarian Parliament, Ognyan Avramov, handed in his resignation last Friday which was accepted by parliament speaker Tsetska Tsacheva.
The resignation of Avramov was announced officially on Monday but came about after the recent scandal in which MPs were forced to stay in a Sofia hotel.
The MPs hotel bills were paid for by the tax payer after ex-MPs refused to move out of the state owned apartments by the correct date.
Ivan Slavchov, a GERB councilor from Montana, will be the new Chief Secretary. His position will be confirmed by Tsacheva as soon as she gets back from holiday on August 10.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Kiril Petkov on his Citizenship: I Do Not Feel Any Guilt
- » General Mutafchiiski with Special Award from Jewish Community in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Road Constuctors Mount yet Another Protest
- » Bulgaria: Prices Will Rise More Steeply than Expected - Finance Ministry
- » Three Foreigners Arrested in Bulgaria for Trading Info from Arsenal military plant
- » Caretaker Government Required State-owned Companies to Pay Dividend