PM Borisov Sends Plane to Iran to Bring Home Sick Bulgarian Sailor
New Bulgarian Prime Minister, Boyko Borisov, has ordered the sending of a special plane to Iran in order to bring back to Bulgaria a sick Bulgarian sailor.
Borisov took this step after he heard a report on the case by the Health Minister, Bozhidar Nanev; the plane flight to Iran will be paid for by the Health Ministry, the press center of Borisov's party GERB has announced.
The sick sailor, Panko Todorov, worked aboard a ship under Panamanian flag owned by the Cypriot firm Bulcom headquartered in Limasol. He was admitted to hospital in the Iranian city Bandar Abbas at the beginning of June, and spent almost 2 months in a coma. Todorov is already out of the coma, and his condition is improving.
The sailor's wife, Elena Todorova, has been trying unsuccessfully to get help by the company and the Bulgarian intermediaries in the city of Varna in order to bring home her sick husband for two months. She got the help of Prime Minister Boyko Borisov after contacting a local organization of the GERB party, which brought the case to the attention of the Foreign Minister Rumiana Jeleva.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria and North Macedonia will be Connected via another Border Crossing
- » The OECD is Starting Negotiations with Bulgaria and Five other Countries
- » Bulgarian President to PM of North Macedonia: Let's Make Progress on Important Topics
- » 60.8% of Bulgarians Support North Macedonia in the EU Only Under Fulfilled Conditions
- » Three Memoranda were signed Today between Bulgaria and North Macedonia
- » Highlights of the Joint Meeting between Prime Ministers of Bulgaria and North Macedonia