WHO IS WHO: Bulgaria's New Sports Minister Svilen Neykov
Svilen Neykov was born on December 14, 1964, in the Black Sea city of Varna. He is a long-time Bulgarian rower and coach.
He is currently an Assistant Professor at the National Sports Academy in Sofia teaching "Foundations of Sports Training".
Neykov has been rowing champion of Bulgaria and the Balkans a number of times. In 1989, he was a world champion in the students' championship in Germany. He has also served as the coach of the Bulgarian national rowing team.
Since 2006, Neykov has worked as a conditioning trainer at the CSKA soccer team in Sofia.
He is the personal coach of his wife, Rumyana Neykova, who became won the gold medal in women's rowing during the 2008 Beijing Olympics.
- » Internet Site Launched to Help Bulgarian Voters Abroad
- » Bulgaria Supreme Court Postpones Striking Turkey Election Results
- » Bulgarian US, Turkey Ambassadors to Explain Election Violations
- » Bulgaria Ruling GERB Increases Lead ahead of Socialists - Survey
- » Bulgaria Prosecutors Find Violations in Turkey Election Sections
- » Serious Violations Found in Bulgarian Foreign Election Sections