Bulgaria Nationalists "Ataka" Officially Back Borisov's GERB Cabinet
The Bulgaria nationalist party "Ataka" formally threw its weight behind the future government of Boyko Borisov's party GERB.
In a special declaration Monday, Ataka declared its support for the GERB cabinet, and that it did not want to participate in the executive branch.
The declaration asks all political forces that would like to differentiate themselves from the outgoing government of the Socialists and the ethnic Turkish party DPS to "behave "responsibly and to respect the choice of the Bulgarian voters".
"Ataka" (which means "Attack" in Bulgarian) states it supported GERB's intentions to revise the policies of the previous governments, to implement anti-crisis measures, and to stabilize Bulgaria's economy and finances.
After the second round of negotiations last Friday, Ataka remained the only political force that has declared its unconditional support for the future government of GERB. The center-right Blue Coalition has declined to sign GERB Memorandum for support of the new cabinet, and the conservative RZS party also declined claiming that its partners from the European conservative parties objected to having its leader Yanev sign the same document together with the nationalist leader of Ataka, Volen Siderov.
GERB has 116 MPs in the 240-seat Bulgarian Parliament, Ataka has 21, the Blue Coalition - 15, and RZS - 10.
- » Internet Site Launched to Help Bulgarian Voters Abroad
- » Bulgaria Supreme Court Postpones Striking Turkey Election Results
- » Bulgarian US, Turkey Ambassadors to Explain Election Violations
- » Bulgaria Ruling GERB Increases Lead ahead of Socialists - Survey
- » Bulgaria Prosecutors Find Violations in Turkey Election Sections
- » Serious Violations Found in Bulgarian Foreign Election Sections