Sex Tourism in Bulgaria Sunny Beach Resort Hit by Crisis
The economic crisis has affected the "sex tourism" in the Bulgarian Black Sea resort Sunny Beach.
The prostitutes in Sunny Beach, who are mostly Bulgarian, Russian, Ukrainian, and Moldavian, are forced to offer their services at very low prices because of the lack of clients, according to a report of the BGNES news agency, as the global economic crisis led to a decline of foreign tourists visiting the top Bulgarian resorts.
BGNES reports that the hourly rate for "standard sex" at Sunny Beach had dropped from EUR 50-100 to EUR 25 per hour, whereas the hiring of a girl for an entire night had gone as cheap as EUR 40-50.
Some of the prostitutes are even reported to have left their pimps because they could not pay the respective percentage they owe to the pimps for "protection".
BGNES reminds of a report of the Face-to-Face NGO stating that some 50% of all prostitutes originated in families with regular abuse and brutality. The prostitutes working at Sunny Beach are said to come from the regions of Ruse, Plovdiv, Svilengrad, and Petrich.
- » An Increase of Bulgarians Who Travel Because of Tourism
- » Summer, Sea ... 44 Beaches - Accessible to People with Disabilities
- » Peika.bg donates books in the campaign "READ and EXPLORE Bulgaria"
- » Passengers at Sofia Airport Increased by 7.6%
- » Bulgaria Expects a Good Summer Season
- » No Cruise Ship to Visit Varna or Burgas this Summer