EU Condemns Russian President Medvedev's South Ossetia Visit
The EU has denounced Monday's visit of Russian President Dmitry Medvedev to the Georgian separatist Republic of South Ossetia.
The Swedish Presidency has announced EU's position that Medvedev's visit to South Ossetia without the official permission of the Georgian government in Tbilisi was "incompatible" with the territorial integrity of Georgia, as quoted by BGNES.
The Swedish EU Presidency has expressed the Union's concern over the effect that Medvedev's visit to South Ossetia might have on the international efforts to stabilize the region.
On Monday Medvedev visited South Ossetia's capital, Tskhinvali, and hailed the region as "a new country."
The breakaway Georgian Republic of South Ossetia has been recognized only by Russia and Nicaragua.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » EC is Preparing Criminal Proceedings against Bulgaria for Accessing Data from Criminal Record Certificates
- » The European Commission Started an Evaluation of the Bulgarian Recovery Plan
- » Nearly 60% of Bulgarians are Skeptical about Adopting the Euro
- » Bulgaria Is Late to Explain Its Position on N.Macedonia Says Diplomat
- » New German Government and Old Bulgarian "bad boy" Borissov
- » EC Opens Infringement Proceedings against 19 EU Member States, Including Bulgaria