Culture Minister Nominee Rashidov: Dogan's DPS Oppresses Bulgarian Turks
The newly-elected GERB party MP, Vezhdi Rashidov, said Monday that the ethnic Turkish Movement for Rights and Freedoms (DPS) in fact oppressed Bulgarian Turks.
Rashidov, who is a renown Bulgarian sculptor of Turkish origin, was recently elected a Member of Parliament from the GERB party in the southern District of Kardzhali.
"If Ahmed Dogan is left out of Bulgarian politics, that will be the real end of the Bulgarian post-socialist transition that Europe expects", Rashidov told the BNT TV channel referring to the leader of the DPS.
In his words, "the Bulgarian Turks are crushed by the rings of firms of Ahmed Dogan". Rashidov expressed his hope that the future government of PM-to-be, Boyko Borisov, would bring justice and punishment for those who manipulated the Bulgarian population.
Rashidov did not confirm the media reports that he would become Bulgaria's next Minister of Culture. He did point out, however, that the outgoing government of the three-way coalition had been using the Ministry for benefiting the coalition parties by employing too many of their members there.
Rashidov said the main task and objective of the Culture Ministry must be the promotion of "elitist, serious Bulgarian culture".
- » Internet Site Launched to Help Bulgarian Voters Abroad
- » Bulgaria Supreme Court Postpones Striking Turkey Election Results
- » Bulgarian US, Turkey Ambassadors to Explain Election Violations
- » Bulgaria Ruling GERB Increases Lead ahead of Socialists - Survey
- » Bulgaria Prosecutors Find Violations in Turkey Election Sections
- » Serious Violations Found in Bulgarian Foreign Election Sections