Sofia Deputy Mayor Fandakova Becomes Bulgaria Education Minister
The current Deputy Mayor of Sofia in charge of education, Yordanka Fandakova, is going to be the Education Minister in the new Bulgarian cabinet.
Fandakova's name was confirmed Friday night in the city of Sliven by the Prime Minister-to-be, Boyko Borisov, who is the leader of the GERB party, and still the Mayor of the capital Sofia, as cited by BTA.
Fandakova is the third known Minister in the new Bulgarian government, after World Bank economist Simeon Djankov was announced as the new Finance Minister, and GERB Chair Tsvetan Tsvetanov - as the new Interior Minister.
Fandakova was born in the southwest town of Samokov in 1964. She has a degree in Russian language from Sofia University, and is a former high school principal.
- » Internet Site Launched to Help Bulgarian Voters Abroad
- » Bulgaria Supreme Court Postpones Striking Turkey Election Results
- » Bulgarian US, Turkey Ambassadors to Explain Election Violations
- » Bulgaria Ruling GERB Increases Lead ahead of Socialists - Survey
- » Bulgaria Prosecutors Find Violations in Turkey Election Sections
- » Serious Violations Found in Bulgarian Foreign Election Sections