Bulgaria with Embassy in Kosovo Capital Prishtina
Bulgaria's outgoing government has decided to turn the Bulgarian Liaison Bureau in the Kosovo capital Prishtina into an embassy.
The decision is a follow-up of Bulgaria's recognition of Kosovo's independence (declared February 17, 2008) from March 20, 2008, which included establishing diplomatic relations with the new republic on ambassadorial level.
The Embassy is going to have an Ambassador (currently Ivo Ivanov), a diplomatic staff of four people and a technical staff of one.
With this measure the Bulgarian side is aiming at deepening its cooperation with the Republic of Kosovo along the lines of stability, security, and EU integration of the region.
- » Diplomatic Scandal between Australia and Turkey
- » New Ambassador of Bulgaria Begins Diplomatic Mission in Ukraine
- » Bulgarian Interior Minister is on an Official Visit to the United States
- » Irish Minister Seán Kyne on a Visit to Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian PM Participated in the 7th Global Baku Forum in Azerbaijan
- » Bulgaria is Ready to Give up to EUR 3 Million to Turkey for Refugees