Bulgaria PM-To-Be Picks Word Bank Analyst for Finance Minister
Simeon Djankov, a World Bank analyst and chief economic advisor to the new center-right GERB party, which won by a wide margin the general elections on July 5, will be named Bulgaria's next finance minister.
"Yes, the finance minister in my government will be called Simeon Djankov and this is the first time I am telling this to anyone," Boyko Borisov, GERB leader and future prime minister of Bulgaria, told a Dow Jones reporter, while he was inspecting Sofia subway.
Borisov, Sofia mayor, leader of the winner in the general elections GERB party and already self-proclaimed prime minister of Bulgaria, said he already knows the line-up of the next government, but refused to disclose other names.
On the election night Simeon Djankov was seen ever present by the side of Borisov.
- » Internet Site Launched to Help Bulgarian Voters Abroad
- » Bulgaria Supreme Court Postpones Striking Turkey Election Results
- » Bulgarian US, Turkey Ambassadors to Explain Election Violations
- » Bulgaria Ruling GERB Increases Lead ahead of Socialists - Survey
- » Bulgaria Prosecutors Find Violations in Turkey Election Sections
- » Serious Violations Found in Bulgarian Foreign Election Sections