Bulgaria Marks International Danube Day
The International Danube Day is marked in Bulgaria Monday with series of events in the Danube cities of Ruse and Silistra and the town of Lom.
The celebrations in Ruse are held under the motto: "I love Danube" and will be opened by the Ruse Mayor, Bozhidar Yotov at 5 pm. The agenda includes a boat and yacht parade, bike and fishing contests, street ball, brass band and cheerleaders' performances.
In Lom there is a planned action to clean sites along the Danube coast to be done by children and young people from the town. The Lom youth is organizing an eco-march, dressed in clothes made from waste found along the river. The march begins at 6:30 pm in front of the Lom Town Hall and will end on the Danube shore.
The city of Silistra is celebrating with a 3-day long water sports competition, which concludes Monday. 8 teams from Bulgaria and Romania are taking part in rowing, sailing, target shooting and other events while the spectators can see it all from the park along the Danube river.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Increase in the Number of Hospitalized with COVID-19 in Bulgaria
- » Paintings by Renowned Bulgarian Artists Put up for Sale Online
- » Prince Philip, Husband of Queen Elizabeth, Died Aged 99
- » Maria Bakalova on Forbes List 30 Under 30
- » Adverse Reactions Reported after J&J Jab – US, Colorado
- » Ancient City over 3,000 Years Old Discovered in Egypt