Serbia Had Prepared Luxury Cell for Former Kosovo PM Ceku
Thursday's decision of the Bulgarian Court to release the former Kosovo PM, Agim Ceku, who was detained earlier at the Bulgaria-Macedonia border, surprised Serbian media who reported Friday that a luxury cell had been prepared for Ceku in Belgrade.
Ceku was going to be jailed in the special wing of the Central Belgrade Prison also known as "Hyatt" after one of the most luxurious hotels in Belgrade because of the top conditions that it provides to its top prisoners.
Those include the alleged Serbian drug boss captured in Bulgaria, Sreten Josic (aka Joca Amsterdam), and Milorad Ulemik - Legia, who expected Ceku's arrival there, according to the Serbian media.
The former Yugoslav dictator, Slobodan Milosevic, was also jailed there before he was handed over to the Hague Tribunal.
Agim Ceku was arrested by the Bulgarian border police upon entering the country under an INTERPOL order requested by Serbia which wants Ceku for war crimes. On Thursday, the court in Kyustendil decided to release Ceku, instead of handing him over to Serbia.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria Extends Aid to Armenia Amid Humanitarian Crisis
- » India's Minister of State Engages in Key Diplomatic Meetings during Bulgaria Visit
- » Good News for Our Two Countries at the National Day of Romania Celebrated in Sofia
- » Bulgarian Deputy Prime Minister: Lavrov Overflight Granted in Coordination with EU
- » Minister Gabriel: Bulgaria's OECD Journey Sees Positive Recognition and Effort
- » Italy’s Ambassador Met with the Minister of Economy and Industry Bogdan Bogdanov