AAK: Kosovo Govt Should Act Urgently for Ceku Release
The Alliance for the Future of Kosovo (AAK) has demanded that the Government of Kosovo urgently come in contact with Bulgarian authorities, and in particular with the European security institutions so that former Prime Minister Agim Ceku be released as soon as possible.
This was reported by the Kosova press agency.
AAK, the main opposition party in Kosovo, has also insisted that the government and European institutions make sure that such situations are not to be repeated in the future.
Bulgarian police arrested Tuesday evening former Kosovo Prime Minister, Agim Ceku, on an international warrant issued by Serbia for alleged war crimes.
Serbia accuses Ceku of committing war crimes in 1998-99.
At the time he was commander of the ethnic-Albanian Kosovo Liberation Army (KLA), which was fighting Serbia.
He has dismissed the charges as politically motivated, and says the arrest warrant has no legal basis.
He was arrested at the Qustendil border crossing between Bulgaria and Macedonia on Tuesday evening.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Russia has Summoned Bulgaria’s Ambassador due to the Expelled Priests
- » Vice-President Yotova: Bulgaria is Fully Behind Albania's European Future
- » Russia’s Ambassador: Bulgaria is Rewriting its History
- » Turkey’s Ambassador: The Investments of Turkish companies in Bulgaria reach 2.5 billion euros
- » Ambassador Raykov: British authorities have officially confirmed that the 3 Bulgarians are in Prison
- » Bulgaria’s Ambassador to the UK: The Embassy was Not Informed about the Detention of our Citizens