Italians in Debt Sell Own Organs in Bulgaria, Romania - Report
Italian citizens who are deeply in debt over because of the economic crisis are prepared to go to Bulgaria or Romania where they could sell their organs.
This becomes clear from a report in the Italian newspaper "La Republica" by Marco Mensurati and Fabio Tonacci.
The La Republica article describes how Italians in debt would offer their organs such as kidneys, liver, and even bone marrow for sale online in specialized Internet sites for short ads such as adoos.it, annunci.net, soloinaffitto.it.
The people seeking to sell their organs are usually middle-aged, middle class Italians who suddenly turned out to be desperately in debt.
The article points out that since the sale of organs is forbidden in Italy, indebted Italians are ready to go to Bulgaria and Romania, where, according to the rumors, such organ transplant operations are performed.
The authors warn about that the illegal trade with organs might turn out to be criminal business of the future.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: There is a Suspect for the Bomb Threats - Emails were sent to 102 Schools across the country
- » Bulgaria: Police Operation in Kazanlak
- » Bulgaria: 25 Migrants were Detained near Simeonovgrad
- » Bulgaria: 8 Illegal Migrants and their Driver were Detained in Sofia
- » A Bulgarian Woman close to the "Crypto Queen" Ruja Ignatova was Extradited to the US
- » Bulgaria: 11 Detained after the Mass Brawl with Axes and Hoes in Kazanlak