MEP Elections 2009 Final Results Issued
The Central Electoral Commission has issued Wednesday morning the final results of the MEP Elections 2009.
Five out of the seventeen seats Bulgaria has in the European Parliament are for GERB. The party won 24,36% sends Rumyana Zheleva, Vladimir Uruchev, Iliyana Ivanova, Emil Stoyanov, and Mariya Nedelcheva.
Coalition for Bulgaria won 18,05% of the votes, and has four MEPs. The names are Ivaylo Kalfin, Iliyana Yotova, Kristian Vigenin, and Evgeni Kirilov.
14,14% of the votes are for Ethnic Turkish party DPS. It sends three representatives - Filiz Husmenova, Vladko Panayotov, and Metin Kazak.
The far-right party ATAKA won two seats in the EP, and 11,96%. Its MEPs will be Dimitar Stoyanov, and Slavi Binev.
The National Movement for Stability and Prosperity (NMSP) has 7,96%, and will send two MEPs. These are Commissioner Meglena Kuneva, and Antonia Parvanova.
The Blue Coalition is only 329 votes behind NMSP, and their result is 7, 95%. However, they have only one seat, which will be for Nadezhda Mihaylova.
The party LIDER has 5,70%, and does not pass the 5,88% limit. The "Order, Law and Justice" (RZS) party won 4,67% of the votes, and the "Forward" party has 2,25%.
All other participants won under one percent.
- » Internet Site Launched to Help Bulgarian Voters Abroad
- » Bulgaria Supreme Court Postpones Striking Turkey Election Results
- » Bulgarian US, Turkey Ambassadors to Explain Election Violations
- » Bulgaria Ruling GERB Increases Lead ahead of Socialists - Survey
- » Bulgaria Prosecutors Find Violations in Turkey Election Sections
- » Serious Violations Found in Bulgarian Foreign Election Sections