Stanishev Govt Report: Bulgaria Is Challenge for EU
The EU has never met such a serious challenge in integrating a country, as it has with Bulgaria.
This is the conclusion of the report presented by the Consultative Council formed by the PM Sergey Stanishev.
The report has been given to the PM Tuesday, after a 6-months observation of Bulgarian administration.
Bulgaria is called "a casРµ", which will help the European Union to more effectively meet new challenges in the process of enlargement.
"There are numerous cases in the EU, and many trails against other member countries over unfulfilled European directives", Stanishev commented on the last statement.
In his words, they are significantly less then in some older members of the EU.
The Council advices that senior officials should be fired without waiting for long procedures to end in case of corruption doubts.
There are serious concerns regarding the great extent to which corruption has spread in the state, the report says.
The Council further advices that the infamous cases of corruption and misuse of power must be solved with no delay.
The report offers the establishment of an independent agency which will monitor and sanction all forms of corruption.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Juncker Plan: EIAH to Provide Support for New Specialised Children's Hospital in Bulgaria
- » European Commission Invests €1 Billion in Innovative Clean Technology Projects
- » Bulgaria Will Apply For EUR 500 Million of EU for Supporting 60/40 Measure
- » Official: EU Opens Borders to 14 Third Countries
- » Quarantine and PCR Tests for Bulgarians in Several EU countries
- » EC: New Notification by Bulgaria is Required for Construction of Belene NPP