Bulgaria Draw 1-1 with Ireland in World Cup Qualifier
Bulgaria drew 1-1 with Ireland in Sofia in a pulsating game of football that kept the 40 000 spectators inside the Vasil Levski Stadium enthralled throughout.
The draw keeps Bulgaria's chance of qualifying for the 2010 World Cup alive despite them still being 5 points behind Irealnd with a game in hand.
Ireland dominated the early exchanges and went ahead when Bulgaria's defenders went to sleep from a corner giving Richard Dunne a free header, which he put away in style.
Ireland's goal woke up Bulgaria who dominated the rest of the first half and equalised when a Kevin Kilbane mistake let Dimitar Teliyski break away from the Irish defense and slot home under Shay Given.
The second half was also a one-sided affair with Ireland camped in their own half. Both teams tired towards the end and Bulgaria did not manage to break down the stubborn Irish defense.
Ireland were certainly the happiest team at the final whistle and stay in command of the second and final qualifying place in the group behind Italy.
- » Grigor Dimitrov Reaches the 2nd Round of the Australian Open
- » Club from the Premier League and Two from the Championship want Bulgarian Footballer of the Year
- » Three British Clubs Interested in Emerging Bulgarian Football Star Despodov
- » Novak Djokovic Will Arrive in Bulgaria For Sofia Open 2019
- » FIVB Confirmed! Brazil Standing on the Way of Bulgaria for Tokyo 2020
- » Kiril Despodov Received the Prize for Bulgaria's No. 1 Footballer for the 2018th