Bulgaria Draw 1-1 with Ireland in World Cup Qualifier
Bulgaria drew 1-1 with Ireland in Sofia in a pulsating game of football that kept the 40 000 spectators inside the Vasil Levski Stadium enthralled throughout.
The draw keeps Bulgaria's chance of qualifying for the 2010 World Cup alive despite them still being 5 points behind Irealnd with a game in hand.
Ireland dominated the early exchanges and went ahead when Bulgaria's defenders went to sleep from a corner giving Richard Dunne a free header, which he put away in style.
Ireland's goal woke up Bulgaria who dominated the rest of the first half and equalised when a Kevin Kilbane mistake let Dimitar Teliyski break away from the Irish defense and slot home under Shay Given.
The second half was also a one-sided affair with Ireland camped in their own half. Both teams tired towards the end and Bulgaria did not manage to break down the stubborn Irish defense.
Ireland were certainly the happiest team at the final whistle and stay in command of the second and final qualifying place in the group behind Italy.
- » Grigor Dimitrov Lost in the First Round in Geneva
- » Three-Time Formula 1 World Champion Niki Lauda has Died at the Age of 70
- » Police in Sofia with Extraordinary Measures due to the Football Derby between Levski and CSKA
- » Grigor Dimitrov Climbed One Place In The ATP World Rankings
- » Ivet Lalova Took First Place In The 200-Meter Race In Osaka
- » Grigor Dimitrov Won his First Match in Geneva