Swiss Council Requests Parliament to Pass Bulgaria Credit Facility
Switzerland's Federal Council has requested a credit facility of CHF 76 M to be made available to Bulgaria by the Swiss Federal Assembly.
The Swiss Federal Council sent the Dispatch on the Credit Facility for the Enlargement Contribution in favour of Bulgaria and Romania to parliament.
Switzerland's contribution to reducing economic and social disparities in an enlarged EU totals CHF 257m over a five-year period.
CHF 76m is earmarked for Bulgaria and CHF 181m for Romania. The credit facility is based on the Federal Act on Cooperation with Eastern Europe (FA East) which was approved on 26 November 2006 by the Swiss people.
An official press release from the Swiss Federal Department of Foreign Affairs stated that "the successful integration of Bulgaria and Romania into the EU is also in Switzerland's interests. Swiss commitment is therefore not only an expression of solidarity but also promotes its economic and political relations with Bulgaria and Romania and with the EU."
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » EC is Preparing Criminal Proceedings against Bulgaria for Accessing Data from Criminal Record Certificates
- » The European Commission Started an Evaluation of the Bulgarian Recovery Plan
- » Nearly 60% of Bulgarians are Skeptical about Adopting the Euro
- » Bulgaria Is Late to Explain Its Position on N.Macedonia Says Diplomat
- » New German Government and Old Bulgarian "bad boy" Borissov
- » EC Opens Infringement Proceedings against 19 EU Member States, Including Bulgaria