First Bulgaria Swine Flu Patient Released from Hospital
Bulgaria's first confirmed swine flu patient was discharged from hospital in Veliko Tarnovo early on Thursday morning.
21-year-old Ivan Dimitrov, from Pavlikeni, was collected by his parents from the infectious diseases unit at Veliko Tarnovo hospital. Head of the unit Dr. Damyanova stated that Dimitrov is now completely cured of the A (H1N1) flu.
Dimitrov, who is a student at Pennsylvania University in the US, arrived back from New York on a flight via Amsterdam on May 27.
His first flu symptoms appeared on May 29, and he sought medical help on May 30 for the first time. The flu case was confirmed by tests carried out in Sofia.
Bulgaria's medical authorities have identified and examined the 4 persons who had been in close contact with Dimitrov. None of them has shown any symptoms of the swine flu but all four are under observation.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 288 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » Yellow Code for Rain and Snow in Eastern and Southern Bulgaria
- » The World Health Organization changes the name of Monkeypox
- » Bulgaria: Two Workers Died during Excavation work in Pernik
- » World Bank: Bulgaria is among the countries with the most Aging Population in the World
- » Wisdom from a Bulgarian Philosopher: By Wearing your Old Clothes, Things won't Work Out