Macedonia to Withdraw Kosovo Recognition, Report
Macedonia may withdraw its decision to recognize Kosovo's independence.
The possibility appeared after the Kosovo President Fatmir Sejdiu canceled his visit to Macedonia over a change in its character - from official, to private.
After Kosovo's refusal the diplomatic relations between both countries cooled, the Kosovo newspaper, "Koha ditore", commented.
The current situation clears a path for Macedonia to withdraw its recognition of Kosovo, Yanush Bugajski, from the Center of International Strategic Research in Washington, DC, said.
According to the the Kosovo newspaper "Zeri", the relations between Kosovo and Macedonia may be seen as a strengthening of Serbian influence over Macedonia, and especially of Boris Tadich's policy over Skopje.
- » Stan Lee, Marvel Comics' Real-Life Superhero, Dies at 95
- » At Least Six Killed in Kabul Suicide Attack
- » Donald Trump and Vladimir Putin Have Held a Brief Conversation at the Elysée Palace
- » Death Toll from Somalia Bomb Attack Rises to 53
- » More than 100 People Killed in Clashes in Yemen
- » Turkish President Erdogan Stresses on Global Peace