Bulgaria Deputy Interior Minister Kicked out over Party Scandal
Bulgaria's Deputy Interior Minister, Rumen Andreev, who was reported to have taken part Friday in a birthday party at a public place despite the national day of mourning will be dismissed.
Bulgaria's PM, Sergey Stanishev, will approve Interior Minister, Mihail Mikov's, proposal to fire Andreev, Darik Radio reported Saturday.
On Friday night Mikov informed Stanishev that some Interior Ministry employees were celebrating.
"In my opinion, this is unacceptable, considering morality. Andreev will be dismissed today, and the rest of the Ministry's employees will be receive additional legal penalties", PM Stanishev said.
Rumen Andreev took part Friday in the birthday party of Ventsislav Rangelov, Department Head at the Interior Ministry. The party was held in the popular Sofia restaurant, "Continental Plaza".
Bulgaria declared Friday an official day of mourning in honor of the seventeen people who were killed in a bus crash in south-eastern Bulgaria.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Global Ice Sheet Melting Much Faster Than in 1990
- » US Embassy and Bulgarian Red Cross Launch Another Anti-Covid Campaign in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Political Scientist: Society Can Survive Without Restaurants for a While, Schools Must Work
- » Covid-19 in Bulgaria: 772 Newly Infected, 60 Deaths in 24 Hours
- » Finland Halts Regular Travel from Estonia as Part of Anti-Epidemic Measures
- » Humanoid Robots Find Increasingly New Niches Amid Pandemic