Litex Destroy Pirin in Bulgaria Cup Final
Litex Lovech have won the Bulgarian Cup final after destroying Pirin Blagoevgrad 3-0 at the Georgi Asparuhov stadium in Bulgaria capital Sofia.
Pirin were always the underdogs going into the match, even after they eliminated Bulgarian giants CSKA Sofia and Levski Sofia in previous rounds.
After a nervy first 15 minutes Litex found their stride and French striker Wilfried Niflore broke the deadlock with a scrambled effort from close range after 20 minutes.
Litex controlled the rest of the game and sealed victory after Brazilian Doka Madureira and Krum Bibishkov scored in the second half. They have now lifted the trophy four times in the last eight years.
"We deserved the win," stated Litex coach Stanimir Stoilov, who is also Bulgarian national team coach.
Litex will participate in next season's UEFA Europa League.
- » Bulgarian Football Champion Ludogorets Bought Israel's Top Scorer
- » Grigor Dimitrov Dropped Out from the Top 30 for the First Time since August 2016
- » 296 Boxers From 39 Countries Participated in a Boxing Tournament in Bulgaria
- » One of the Richest Bulgarians Vasil Bozhkov Takes over the Management of Levski Football Club
- » UEFA Decided When Bulgaria must have at least One Stadium with VAR
- » Official: Lubo Penev is the New Coach of CSKA Sofia Taking over from El Maestro