Bulgaria Mothers of Diabetic Children Gather in front of Health Ministry
Mothers of children who suffer from diabetes have gathered Friday around 10 am in front of the Bulgarian Health Ministry over the insulin crisis that affect over 50 000 diabetics using the medicine.
"This is not a protest rally, but a warning towards the officials, that we do not agree to change the type of insulin our children use", Chair of the National Association of Children with Diabetes, Elisaveta Kotova, said for Darik Radio.
The healthcare company Novo Nordisk has refused to sign a contract with The National Health Insurance Fund (NZOK) due to the new lower prices offered by the Bulgarian side.
If until the end of Thursday there is no agreement, the diabetics will have to switch to another type of insulin, NZOK Director, Rumyana Todorova, said.
Some patients, however, may not get used to the new insulin, and will have to be hospitalized.
"Each change in the type of insulin leads to very serious negative medical effects for patient, and they have to struggle for their lives. The Health Minister must take quick action and should not leave the decision to some committee", chair of the "Diabetes" association, Dimitar Bogdanov, commented earlier.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 13 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » Bulgaria: 118 Snow Plows Work the Roads in Sofia
- » Bulgaria: Over 10,000 Kukeri from the Balkans Chase Away Evil at the Surva Festival in Pernik (PHOTOS)
- » Missing in Bulgaria: Volunteers in Stara Zagora are Looking for 20-year-old Martin
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 60 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » The Bulgarian Parliament decided: Free Textbooks for Students from Grades 1 to 12