Bulgarian Actor Petar Slabakov Dies at 86
Petar Slabakov, one of Bulgaria's most prominent actors and fighters for democracy, passed away on May 17, his relatives announced. He was 86.
The funeral will take place on May 19 at Sveti Sedmochislenitsi church in Sofia.
Slabakov was one of the most prolific, talented and loved actors in Bulgaria, having appeared in 85 films since 1960, among which Investigation (2006), Torrid Noon (1965), Captive Flock (1962), Tobacco (1962).
Right after the fall of the communist regime in 1989, he was elected member of the VII Grand National Assembly on the ballot of the right-wing Union of Democratic Forces. Slabakov served as MP again from 1995 to 1997 as part of the parliamentary group of the green and emblematic for the democratic changes in Bulgaria Ekoglasnost party.
- » Dimitar Petrov, the Director of Beloved Bulgarian Films has Passed Away
- » Charles Aznavour, French Singing Star, Dies at 94
- » Burt Reynolds: Hollywood Star Dies at 82
- » Former UN Chief Kofi Annan Dies at 80
- » Stephen Ditko, co-creator of Spider-Man and Doctor Strange, Dead at 90
- » The Head of the Chinese Company, which Won the Concession of Plovdiv Airport, has Passed Away