Bulgarian Actor Petar Slabakov Dies at 86
Petar Slabakov, one of Bulgaria's most prominent actors and fighters for democracy, passed away on May 17, his relatives announced. He was 86.
The funeral will take place on May 19 at Sveti Sedmochislenitsi church in Sofia.
Slabakov was one of the most prolific, talented and loved actors in Bulgaria, having appeared in 85 films since 1960, among which Investigation (2006), Torrid Noon (1965), Captive Flock (1962), Tobacco (1962).
Right after the fall of the communist regime in 1989, he was elected member of the VII Grand National Assembly on the ballot of the right-wing Union of Democratic Forces. Slabakov served as MP again from 1995 to 1997 as part of the parliamentary group of the green and emblematic for the democratic changes in Bulgaria Ekoglasnost party.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » In Memorim: Greet Singer of the Mystry of the Bulgaian Voices Choir Passed away at 80
- » Three days of Mourning in Greece in Memory of Composer Mikis Theodorakis
- » In Memoriam: Former US Ambassador to Bulgaria James Pardew Died Aged 77
- » In Memoriam: Vanya Kostova, Favorite Singer of Many Bulgarians, Died Aged 64
- » In Memoriam: Renowned Journalist Georgi Koritarov Died Aged 61
- » In Memoriam: We Have Lost Tatyana the Great, Remarkable Actress Died Aged 87