Mexico Shuts Down over Swine Flue Spread
Mexico has announced a five-day shutdown of parts of its economy in attempt to slow the spread of swine flu.
Non-essential government services will be suspended, while businesses such as cinemas and restaurants will be closed, the BBC reported. Some factories will stop production and schools are already closed. Residents have been urged to stay at home.
Mexican officials say the spread of the virus is slowing, but international experts are still cautious.Globally, cases of swine flu have now been confirmed in 12 countries across three continents.
The World Health Organization has set its pandemic alert level at five but says it has no immediate plans to move to the highest level of six.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Euro Ombudsman: EC hides Correspondence between Von der Layen and Pfizer
- » Lavrov: Russia does not want War with Ukraine
- » Lukashenko: War is Possible only if Belarus or Russia are Attacked
- » Croatian Minister: The President Embarrassed us in front of Bulgaria and Ukraine
- » Biden-Zelensky Conversation did Not go Well
- » NATO is considering Deploying Troops in Slovakia