EC Reacts Swiftly to Swine Flu Outbreak in Mexico
The President of the European Commission, José Manuel Barroso, made Monday a statement on the EC reaction to the Swine flu outbreak in Mexico.
"The Commission is following the situation concerning the swine influenza very closely, internally together with the Member States, and internationally in cooperation with the World Health Organization," President Barroso said.
Barosso pointed out that currently the public health emergency situation is limited to the American continent.
Nevertheless the EC is taking swift measures to deal with the issue.
EC Health Commissioner, Androulla Vassiliou, is discussing the issue Monday with the Ministers of Foreign Affairs in the General Affairs Council.
The EC, together with the Czech Presidency plans to convene an emergency meeting of the Health Council as soon as possible.
"We will continue to assess the information we are getting from the experts, evaluate the potential danger and decide together with Member States on the measures to take," Barroso said.
Health Commissioner Vassiliou issued a statement Monday on the EC's Reaction to the novel flu virus outbreak in Mexico .
Full text of the statement read here: http://www.novinite.com/view_news.php?id=103142
- » Bulgarian Election Commission Spokesperson: Preparations for EP Elections go as Planned
- » Boyko Borissov For the Guardian: I Have Been Around the World and I Can Say that There is no Better Place to Live in the EU
- » GDP in the 1st Quarter of 2019 Increased by 0.5% in the EU-28
- » We Can Check Our Voting Section Over the Internet, by SMS or by Phone
- » Bulgarian Prime Minister Borisov: There is no Reason to Resign after the EP Elections
- » Bulgarian Ministry of the Interior Opens 24-hour Hotline for Reports on European Election Process Violations