EC Reacts Swiftly to Swine Flu Outbreak in Mexico
The President of the European Commission, José Manuel Barroso, made Monday a statement on the EC reaction to the Swine flu outbreak in Mexico.
"The Commission is following the situation concerning the swine influenza very closely, internally together with the Member States, and internationally in cooperation with the World Health Organization," President Barroso said.
Barosso pointed out that currently the public health emergency situation is limited to the American continent.
Nevertheless the EC is taking swift measures to deal with the issue.
EC Health Commissioner, Androulla Vassiliou, is discussing the issue Monday with the Ministers of Foreign Affairs in the General Affairs Council.
The EC, together with the Czech Presidency plans to convene an emergency meeting of the Health Council as soon as possible.
"We will continue to assess the information we are getting from the experts, evaluate the potential danger and decide together with Member States on the measures to take," Barroso said.
Health Commissioner Vassiliou issued a statement Monday on the EC's Reaction to the novel flu virus outbreak in Mexico .
Full text of the statement read here: http://www.novinite.com/view_news.php?id=103142
- » The Juncker Plan Will Provide Financial Assistance of BGN 10 million For 320 Micro-Enterprises in Bulgaria
- » EP Supports Accession Talks with Albania and Northern Macedonia
- » New Report: EC Reports on Bulgaria's Progress, Considers Dropping Monitoring (REVIEW)
- » Today's EC Monitoring Report on Bulgaria is Likely to be the Latest
- » The Latest Monitoring Report on Bulgaria is Expected to be Submitted Today
- » Six Countries Sign Common Document on Mobility Package