Top Executive of US Mortgage Giant Freddie Mac Found Dead
The acting chief financial officer of the troubled mortgage giant Freddie Mac was found dead in his home early Wednesday morning.
The news was reported by the Washington Post, citing local police.
David Kellerman apparently committed suicide in his Vienna home in Fairfax County, Virginia - a Washington DC suburb.
Kellermann, 41, was a longtime Freddie Mac executive who joined the firm as analyst in 1992. He was named acting chief financial officer last September when the federal government seized Freddie Mac, the Post informs.
Life has changed dramatically for Freddie Mac employees in the year since the housing market crashed and the economy entered a major downturn.
Kellermann was responsible for the company's financial controls, financial reporting, tax, capital oversight, and compliance with federal oversight requirements, and also oversaw the company's annual budgeting and financial planning processes.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Trio of UN Chief, Erdogan, Zelensky to visit Black Sea Port of Odesa
- » UK Inflation Hits 40-year High
- » Day 175 of the Invasion of Ukraine: More Explosions in Crimea, Russia Admits it was Sabotage
- » Biden signs major Climate Change and Health Care Law
- » Amid Global Tension, the US Tests Nuclear-Capable Missile
- » Finland to Issue Fewer Visas to Russians, Estonia Suspends them on Thursday