Bulgaria Jails 2 Men for Abduction, Blackmail
Two Bulgarian men have been found guilty of the abduction and blackmail of a Jordanian national seven years ago and sentenced to seven years in prison.
Sofia City Court sent to jail Yanko Vatashki and Ivo Metodiev and pronounced the third defendant Dimitar Vassilev not guilty.
The two men are accused of kidnapping Mohammed Atti in 2002 and forcefully keeping him locked at a caravan at the village of Nikolaevo. The defendants tortured the Jordanian national for days on end in a bid to get a ransom of USD 200,000.
- » Convicted of Rape and Thefts Escaped from the Prison in Lovech
- » French Customs Officers Detained Cannabis for EUR 4 Million from a Bulgarian Truck
- » Shooting in Malmö, Five Injured
- » Two People Threatened a MP from the Bulgarian Socialist Party with a Gun
- » A Hungarian Court Sentenced Three Bulgarians for Human Trafficking
- » 8 Bulgarians Raped a 13-year-old Girl in Germany