Bulgaria Church Delegation to Bring Holy Easter Fire from Jerusalem
A delegation of clergymen from the Bulgarian Orthodox Church is expected to land at Sofia Airport in the evening on Holy Saturday bringing the Holy Easter Fire from Jerusalem.
The plane with the holly fire will land first in the Black Sea coast city of Varna, than in the second biggest city of Plovdiv, and finally in the capital Sofia.
The Bulgarian clergymen will attend a service at the Holy Sepulchre in Jerusalem, where the Holy Fire descends from the sky every year on Holy Saturday. The Holy Fire is believed to appear only before the Orthodox Easter. It is believed to be non-material in the first few minutes of its occurrence - it does not emit warmth.
According to the Orthodox Church, its appearance cannot be explained scientifically. Thus, the Holy Easter Fire is believed to be one of the great miracles of the world. It appears after the prayer of the Orthodox Patriarch of Jerusalem.
The transfer of the Holy Fire from Jerusalem to Bulgaria is taking place for the fifth consecutive year.
The fire will be brought to the St. Alexander Nevksi Cathedral in Sofia thirty minutes before midnight on Saturday.
- » Bulgarian Artist Christo's 'London Mastaba' Made from over 7,000 Stacked Barrels Floats on Serpentine Lake
- » The Bulgarian "Cultural Reforms" Movement Begins a Series of Cultural Policy Forums
- » SKILLET in Sofia with First Solo Concert in Bulgaria!
- » The 11th Bulgarian Cinema Festival in Rome is Coming soon
- » The ANASTACIA Concert in Sofia is Canceled
- » IMANY with Two Big Concerts in Sofia and Plovdiv in June