Scientist, Clairvoyant Deny Haskovo Earthquake Predictions
Renowned geophysicist, Iordan Georgiev and earthquake clairvoyant, Maya Popova, denied predications about a devastating earthquake in Haskovo on Easter Sunday.
The southern Bulgarian city of Haskovo is in a state of panic for several days now due to a prediction of the so-called local astrologist, Emil Leshtanski, which offers details not only about the location of the earthquake, but its time and strength - a 6 point magnitude on the Richter's scale.
Maya Popova has the reputation of feeling where and when earth will shake trough pains in her body. She has reportedly predicted the catastrophic earthquake in Turkey in 1999 and in Greece one year ago. Popova is adamant that there will not be any earthquake in Bulgaria on April 19.
On his part, Iordan Georgiev, stated that the Haskovo region is not a seismic area and assertions about a forthcoming 6.0 earthquake on the Richter scale are unrealistic and baseless.
Georgiev, cited by Darik radio reminds that the closest seismic zone is the area around the southern town of Chirpan, adding such preposterous predictions serve somebody's interests and aim to spread panic.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » 71.5% are the Christians in Bulgaria
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 288 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » Yellow Code for Rain and Snow in Eastern and Southern Bulgaria
- » The World Health Organization changes the name of Monkeypox
- » Bulgaria: Two Workers Died during Excavation work in Pernik
- » World Bank: Bulgaria is among the countries with the most Aging Population in the World