Another Bulgaria Businessman Vanishes
The whereabouts of yet another Sofia businessman are unknown since Thursday night.
The news was reported by Darik radio, citing own sources.
The Darik reporter explains that the man's relatives have already filed an official missing person report with the Police, but there are no details about demands for ransom.
According to still unconfirmed information, the name of the missing businessman is Vene Sotirov, owner of a catering company and several stores in the capital. Sotirov is known as a very wealthy individual.
The man, allegedly, disappeared from downtown Sofia, just three days after another rich business owner, Kiro Kirov, was released by his abductors against a significant cash amount.
The latest kidnapping has all marks of several previous notorious cases and is, most likely, the work of the same group.
The Interior Ministry has declined any comment on the case.
The case is being monitored by the Sofia City Prosecutor's Office, which is in charge with Kirov's investigation as well. The Office also refuses to comment on the latest alleged kidnapping.
The Sofia City Deputy Prosecutor, Roman Vasilev, however, informed that they had a protected witness, member of the group perpetrating all of the abductions, and with his help they have searched several locations Thursday.
Vasilev said his team had intentions to make arrests Friday, but they have been halted by the latest events.
- » Nearly BGN 10 000 were Stolen from a Shop in Sofia
- » Cyberattack on Singapore Health Database Steals Details of 1.5 Million, Including PM
- » EUR 17,000 were Stolen from a Man in a Train Traveling from Sofia
- » Record for Bulgaria: Family Gave EUR 40,000 to Phone Scammers
- » Vandals Cut 29 Newly Planted Trees on Sofia's Ring Road
- » Bulgaria Uncovers Skimming Equipment, Fake Documents Workshop