Prominent Bulgaria Writer Victor Paskov Dies at 59
Victor Paskov, one of the most successful Bulgarian writers, passed away Thursday just months before turning 60.
Paskov's best known books such as "Ballad for Georg Henig" and "Juvenile Murders" have been translated in several languages.
Before starting on the path of novels and short stories Paskov has been a prominent musician. He is a graduate of the musical academy in Leipzig, Germany. Paskov has performed in several jazz bands and worked as a composer and opera singer as well.
Victor Paskov is also the author of several screenplays.
In the last years of his life the writer's name became entangled in two widely publicized scandals, one leading to his dismissal as Director of the Bulgarian Culture Institute in Berlin and the second one involved a media brawl with prominent journalist, Martin Karbovski.
- » Bulgarian Actor Ivan Laskin Passed Away
- » Bernardo Bertolucci, Oscar-Winning Director of ‘The Last Emperor,’ Dies at 77
- » 'The Real Super Mario' Dies Aged 84
- » Dimitar Petrov, the Director of Beloved Bulgarian Films has Passed Away
- » Charles Aznavour, French Singing Star, Dies at 94
- » Burt Reynolds: Hollywood Star Dies at 82