Bulgaria Police Busts Crime Boss' Ring
An action against alleged criminals from the closest circle around the notorious Zlatomir Ivanov AKA Zlatko Baretata (The Barret) is being conducted all over Bulgaria.
The information was revealed Thursday by the Interior Ministry's press center.
Four individuals have been arrested so far - two in the Black Sea city of Varna, one in Sofia and one in the Western town of Pernik.
Police sources further inform the four have criminal records and are known drug dealers.
A total of nearly 20 residencies have been raided just in the capital Sofia.
Zlatomir Ivanov is currently behind bars after the Sofia Appellate Court imposed in February permanent detention on him, affirming the earlier decision of the Sofia City Court.
The magistrates stated it was very likely Ivanov would commit again the crimes he is charged with - drug trafficking and murders for hire.
Baretata was arrested on February 6, after the Sofia City Prosecutor issued a call for a state-wide search for him because he failed to appear at the Prosecutor's Office as mandated by a summon.
Baretata is, allegedly, linked to two murders for hire and three attempted murders.
- » Convicted of Rape and Thefts Escaped from the Prison in Lovech
- » French Customs Officers Detained Cannabis for EUR 4 Million from a Bulgarian Truck
- » Shooting in Malmö, Five Injured
- » Two People Threatened a MP from the Bulgarian Socialist Party with a Gun
- » A Hungarian Court Sentenced Three Bulgarians for Human Trafficking
- » 8 Bulgarians Raped a 13-year-old Girl in Germany