Bulgaria Rural Regions Hope for More EU Funding
European Commissioner, Mariann Fischer-Boel, is set to propose larger funding packages for rural development that will help Bulgaria's struggling village regions.
European Commissioner for Agriculture and Rural Development, Fischer-Boel, suggested in a letter to Bulgarian MEP Evgeni Kirilov that more support is needed for the energy sector, rural areas and climate change issues.
Fischer-Boel will put a proposal forward for extra funds to the Council of Europe and the European Parliament. If this is passed Bulgaria will be able to claim a much larger funding package than it already receives, especially in the rural development sector, the Bulgarian daily newspaper Standart reported.
The agricultural sectors of all EU member states are supposed to share out and absorb EUR 1,25 B, out of which EUR 250 M is meant to help them face the challenges of the global financial crisis.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » EC is Preparing Criminal Proceedings against Bulgaria for Accessing Data from Criminal Record Certificates
- » The European Commission Started an Evaluation of the Bulgarian Recovery Plan
- » Nearly 60% of Bulgarians are Skeptical about Adopting the Euro
- » Bulgaria Is Late to Explain Its Position on N.Macedonia Says Diplomat
- » New German Government and Old Bulgarian "bad boy" Borissov
- » EC Opens Infringement Proceedings against 19 EU Member States, Including Bulgaria