Moldova Expels Romania Ambassador over Civil Unrest
Moldova has accused neighboring Romania of fueling the protests that erupted into violence in the capital Chisinau and declared Romania's ambassador persona non grata, BBC reported.
Moldova's President Vladimir Voronin introduced a visa regime for nationals from Romania, with which Moldova has ethnic and linguistic links.
Russia's foreign ministry said they were a plot aimed at undermining "the sovereignty of Moldova", and pointed to "plenty of Romanian flags in the hands of organizers of these outrages".
Some of the protesters on Tuesday had called for the unification of Moldova with Romania, its bigger neighbor.
Thousands of young protesters thronged Chisinau, fighting police and ransacking parliament, in protest at the results of Sunday's election.
Official results gave the ruling Communists about 50% of the vote in the Romanian-speaking ex-Soviet republic.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Hungary will not Arrest Putin if he visits the country
- » 2023: Iran at the Doorstep of the Nuclear Club?
- » A Romanian Court extended the Detention of Influencer Andrew Tate
- » Day 393 of the Invasion of Ukraine: At Least 14 Dead after Russian Strikes on Civillian Infrastructure
- » EU: Countries like Bulgaria should not Block others regarding Shells for Ukraine
- » Day 392 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Putin and Xi reaffirmed the Principle that Nuclear War should Never Start