Austria Implicates Bulgaria's Ivet Lalova in Doping Scandal
The Austrian media has accused Bulgarian top sprinter Ivet Lalova of close links with manager Stefan Matschiner, who has allegedly forced athletes to take banned substances.
Lalova, Bulgaria's best athlete for 2008, explained that she stopped working with Matschiner at the end of last year when the first reports of his clients failing doping tests surfaced.
"My relationship with Stefan Matschiner is purely businesslike," Ivet said after Austrian media reported the two were seen together at a local restaurant.
Lalova's coach Konstantin Milanov has also denied the allegations.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Mobile Betting Apps: Sports News and Tips
- » Four Bronze Medals for Bulgarian students from the Informatics Olympiad
- » Nurgyul Salimova with a Record Rating in the FIDE Rankings
- » Nurgyul Salimova: I am Proud of what I have Achieved, I Felt the Support of many Bulgarians and People from all over the World
- » After 30 years: Bulgaria Won again the Team World Title in Rhythmic Gymnastics
- » Women's Spanish teams Refuse to Play until the President of the Football Federation is replaced