Bozhinov Return Boosts Bulgaria
Manchester City striker Valeri Bozhinov has expressed confidence that he will join Bulgaria's national team in the World Cup qualifier against Cyprus after suffering serious injury problems.
The 23-year-old Bulgarian is looking to kick on after what he described as "a quick recovery".
"I feel ready to join the team in the clash against Cyprus. The rival is a very strong team and I believe they will be aiming for a draw in Sofia," Bozhinov told reporters on Monday.
Bulgaria and the Republic of Ireland played to a 1:1 draw their World Cup Qualifier at Croke Park in Dublin Saturday night.
Ireland (3-0-2) fell 2 points behind Italy (4-0-1), the Group Eight leader. Bulgaria is 0-0-4.
- » Grigor Dimitrov Lost in the First Round in Geneva
- » Three-Time Formula 1 World Champion Niki Lauda has Died at the Age of 70
- » Police in Sofia with Extraordinary Measures due to the Football Derby between Levski and CSKA
- » Grigor Dimitrov Climbed One Place In The ATP World Rankings
- » Ivet Lalova Took First Place In The 200-Meter Race In Osaka
- » Grigor Dimitrov Won his First Match in Geneva