Bozhinov Return Boosts Bulgaria
Manchester City striker Valeri Bozhinov has expressed confidence that he will join Bulgaria's national team in the World Cup qualifier against Cyprus after suffering serious injury problems.
The 23-year-old Bulgarian is looking to kick on after what he described as "a quick recovery".
"I feel ready to join the team in the clash against Cyprus. The rival is a very strong team and I believe they will be aiming for a draw in Sofia," Bozhinov told reporters on Monday.
Bulgaria and the Republic of Ireland played to a 1:1 draw their World Cup Qualifier at Croke Park in Dublin Saturday night.
Ireland (3-0-2) fell 2 points behind Italy (4-0-1), the Group Eight leader. Bulgaria is 0-0-4.
- » Grigor Dimitrov Reaches the 2nd Round of the Australian Open
- » Club from the Premier League and Two from the Championship want Bulgarian Footballer of the Year
- » Three British Clubs Interested in Emerging Bulgarian Football Star Despodov
- » Novak Djokovic Will Arrive in Bulgaria For Sofia Open 2019
- » FIVB Confirmed! Brazil Standing on the Way of Bulgaria for Tokyo 2020
- » Kiril Despodov Received the Prize for Bulgaria's No. 1 Footballer for the 2018th