Bulgaria GERB Firmly Rejects Rumors of Coalition with Socialists, Ethnic Turks
GERB will never and not by any means enter a coalition wit the Bulgarian Socialist and ethnic Turks, according to the party leader Tsvetan Tsvetanov.
Tsvetanov, who is the formal leader of the Citizens for European Development of Bulgaria (GERB) party, spoke Saturday at a press conference in the winter resort "Pamporovo."
The GERB leader said that his party would not be convinced to ever forge a coalition with the Bulgarian Socialist Party (BS) and the ethnic Turkish one - Movement for Right and Freedoms (DPS).
"Our goal is to form our own Cabinet and to take on the entire political responsibility. There is no chance we will agree to be in coalition with those who are guilty and the reason for the halt of the so much needed European funds," Tsvetanov is quoted as saying by Darik radio.
According to Tsvetanov, GERB wishes to have a dialogue and consolidate public opinion around main domestic priorities , such as energy production, something that had been very obvious during the TV debate between Prime Minister and leader of BSP, Sergey Stanishev and the informal GERB leader and Mayor of Sofia, Boyko Borisov.
- » Internet Site Launched to Help Bulgarian Voters Abroad
- » Bulgaria Supreme Court Postpones Striking Turkey Election Results
- » Bulgarian US, Turkey Ambassadors to Explain Election Violations
- » Bulgaria Ruling GERB Increases Lead ahead of Socialists - Survey
- » Bulgaria Prosecutors Find Violations in Turkey Election Sections
- » Serious Violations Found in Bulgarian Foreign Election Sections