Makriev Heads from Israel for Bulgaria World Cup Qualifiers
Dimitar Makriev, who plays for the Israeli Ashdod, will join the national football squad for the first time in the World Cup qualifiers against Ireland and Cyprus.
The news comes two days after it emerged that captain Dimitar Berbatov will certainly sit out international duty after suffering an ankle knock during Manchester United clash with Fulham.
The Bulgarians' new manager, Stanimir Stoilov, is facing an uphill battle since he can not bank on the experience of one more of his best footballers in the crucial forthcoming World Cup qualifier - Manchester City winger Martin Petrov, who is still recovering from a surgery. Manchester City striker Valeri Bojinov most probably will also miss the matches due to injury problems.
Bulgaria ranks third in Group Eight with three points from three matches. They will be desperate to avoid defeat in Dublin to keep alive hopes of reaching the finals in South Africa.
Bulgaria is up against the Republic on 28 March and Cyprus four days later.
- » Ivet Lalova Took First Place In The 200-Meter Race In Osaka
- » Grigor Dimitrov Won his First Match in Geneva
- » Grigor Dimitrov Lost Two More Positions in the Rankings
- » Grigor Dimitrov Negotiates with Becker to Be his New Coach
- » Liverpool stage incredible comeback win over Barcelona
- » The Bulgarian Football Union has Eliminated Vereya from the League due to Match Fixing