Turkey with 50% Lower Hotel Prices, Bulgaria Has no Special Offers
Turkey has lowered the holiday package prices in hotels for the upcoming tourist season by 50%.
That is a significant hit for the Bulgarian tourist business, the head of the Bulgarian Hotel and Restaurant Association for North-Eastern Bulgaria, Dimitar Dimitrov, commented. In his words, this is one of the the reasons that Bulgarian hotels have not yet announced their special offers.
Russians' visas still remain a major issue, he added. Greece has already declared free visas for Russians. On the contrary, we still require payment for visas, and the procedure also takes time, Dimitrov said.
Bulgaria does not expect many Scandinavian tourists. Those who will come will be part of programs of their social ministries, he explained.
- » Strike Canceled Over 300 Flights of the National Air Carrier 'Alitalia'
- » Bulgarian Deputy Prime Minister for Economic and Demographic Policy: Relations Between Bulgaria and Ukraine Are on a Solid Foundation
- » Bulgarian Tourism Minister: We will be Uncompromising in the Control of Beach Areas
- » BDZ Discussed the 2020 Schedule
- » Fewer Russian And German Tourists Will Spend Their Summer Vacation In Bulgaria
- » Last Day For Free-Trip Requests Under the 'Discover the EU' initiative