Greek Ship Seized by Pirates Near Somalia Coast
Pirates have seized a Greek-owned cargo ship off the coast of Somalia, Greek officials said.
The Titan, with 24 crew members on board, was seized on Thursday night, Greek Merchant Marine Ministry informed, as cited by the BBC. The vessel came under attack as it sailed to Korea from the Black Sea with a cargo of metal.
The Gulf of Aden sees frequent attacks on merchant vessels, accounting for 40% of 293 pirate attacks in 2008. Among the vessels seized are a Saudi oil tanker, and a Ukrainian ship transporting weapons, including tanks. Last month another Greek ship and 22 crew was seized.
Warships from more than a dozen nations, including the UK, the US, France, Germany, and Iran are now patrolling the Gulf of Aden in an attempt to deter the pirates.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Day 282 of the Invasion of Ukraine: 13,000 Ukrainian Soldiers Died in the War, according to Zelensky's advisor
- » NATO urges Germany to turn the Bundeswehr again into the Powerhouse it once was
- » The EU might agree on a Price Ceiling of $60 per barrel for Russian Oil
- » Third Letter Bomb found in Spain
- » Day 281 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Battle for Bakhmut continues, Russia to expand Nuclear Weapons infrastructure in 2023
- » Germany recognized the Holodomor in Ukraine as Genocide