EC Economic Recovery Plan Earmarks EUR 70 M for Bulgaria
Bulgaria is set to receive up to EUR 70 M from the latest European Commission economic recovery plan.
Boyko Kotsev, Bulgaria's permanent representative to the EU, made this announcement early Wednesday, cited by BTA.
At the General Affairs and External Relations Council (GAERC) on Monday, EU ministers failed to agree on the distribution of the EUR 5 B aid package of the European Commission.
The latest draft earmarked EUR 45 M for the linking of the gas systems of Bulgaria and Greece and EUR 10 M for connecting the Bulgaria and Romania gas grids. Out of a total of EUR 80 M allocated for building gas links between nine countries in the region, Bulgaria would receive about EUR 15 M.
A further EUR 250 M would be allocated to the pre-feasibility study for the Nabucco pipeline, which will carry gas from Central Asia to Europe.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria’s Defense Minister thinks there was an Explosion on Board Prigozhin’s Plane
- » EC is Preparing Criminal Proceedings against Bulgaria for Accessing Data from Criminal Record Certificates
- » The European Commission Started an Evaluation of the Bulgarian Recovery Plan
- » Nearly 60% of Bulgarians are Skeptical about Adopting the Euro
- » Bulgaria Is Late to Explain Its Position on N.Macedonia Says Diplomat
- » New German Government and Old Bulgarian "bad boy" Borissov