Berbatov Heads Bulgaria Squad for World Cup 2010
Dimitar Berbatov is among the players selected by the Bulgarian national football team coach to take part in the upcoming World Cup 2010 qualifiers.
Coach Stanimir Stoilov announced the list of players to play for the national team in the games against Ireland and Cyprus, respectively on March 28 in Dublin, and on April 1 in Bulgaria's capital Sofia. Thirteen of them are currently playing for foreign clubs.
Elin Topuzakov ("Hapoel", Tel Aviv) and Ilian Stoyanov ("Safrecce" Hiroshima), who were not considered by previous national team coaches, are now on board.
The Croatian with Bulgarian passport, Igor TomašiД‡, who left the team after the game against Montenegro in September 2008, is welcomed back. He states that the reason for his return is the weak national team defense.
Among the new players, in comparison with the game against Switzerland in February, are Valeri Bojinov ("Manchester City"), and Chavdar Yankov ("Hannover 96").
- » Grigor Dimitrov Reaches the 2nd Round of the Australian Open
- » Club from the Premier League and Two from the Championship want Bulgarian Footballer of the Year
- » Three British Clubs Interested in Emerging Bulgarian Football Star Despodov
- » Novak Djokovic Will Arrive in Bulgaria For Sofia Open 2019
- » FIVB Confirmed! Brazil Standing on the Way of Bulgaria for Tokyo 2020
- » Kiril Despodov Received the Prize for Bulgaria's No. 1 Footballer for the 2018th