Berbatov Heads Bulgaria Squad for World Cup 2010
Dimitar Berbatov is among the players selected by the Bulgarian national football team coach to take part in the upcoming World Cup 2010 qualifiers.
Coach Stanimir Stoilov announced the list of players to play for the national team in the games against Ireland and Cyprus, respectively on March 28 in Dublin, and on April 1 in Bulgaria's capital Sofia. Thirteen of them are currently playing for foreign clubs.
Elin Topuzakov ("Hapoel", Tel Aviv) and Ilian Stoyanov ("Safrecce" Hiroshima), who were not considered by previous national team coaches, are now on board.
The Croatian with Bulgarian passport, Igor TomašiД‡, who left the team after the game against Montenegro in September 2008, is welcomed back. He states that the reason for his return is the weak national team defense.
Among the new players, in comparison with the game against Switzerland in February, are Valeri Bojinov ("Manchester City"), and Chavdar Yankov ("Hannover 96").
- » Grigor Dimitrov Lost in the First Round in Geneva
- » Three-Time Formula 1 World Champion Niki Lauda has Died at the Age of 70
- » Police in Sofia with Extraordinary Measures due to the Football Derby between Levski and CSKA
- » Grigor Dimitrov Climbed One Place In The ATP World Rankings
- » Ivet Lalova Took First Place In The 200-Meter Race In Osaka
- » Grigor Dimitrov Won his First Match in Geneva