Dutch Police Apprehend Alleged Bulgarian Pimp
Police in Groningen have arrested a 36-year-old Bulgarian national on suspicion of human trafficking, Radio Netherlands informed Saturday.
The man, allegedly, forced a 31-year-old Bulgarian woman to work as a prostitute for 8 years.
Dutch police say the woman was recruited in Bulgaria and worked in Groningen's red light district. She was forced to give the suspect all her earnings, estimated at EUR 2 M.
The arrest resulted from a joint investigation by Groningen and Bulgarian police, the Dutch information agency reports.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » 81 Illegal Migrants were Detained in Bulgaria in One Day
- » Bulgaria: Mass Poisoning of Dogs and Cats in a Plovdiv village
- » Three People have been Detained in Bulgaria for Illegal Funding from the EU
- » Bulgaria: 12 Migrants crammed into a Car were Detained in the Harmanlii village of Bulgarin
- » Bulgaria: A Man Killed his Wife and Daughter, then took His Own Life
- » Action in Bulgaria: Police Chase and Shooting near a Business Building in Sofia - A Boy was Killed