Bulgarian New Car Sales Plummet in First Months of 2009
New car sales dropped dramatically at the start of 2009 in Bulgaria according to data provided by the local car importers' association.
In January and February, car dealers sold 4645 new vehicles, down from 9290 for the same period in 2008.
This 50% reduction has shocked the industry. There was an official year on year drop of 47% in January and a staggering 76% in December.
Dealers also registered a sharp drop in demand for small and medium sized vans, which are used by many companies.
Luxury models are still faring better than common brands, with BMW debuting in the top 10 brands with 110 deals. The runner-up was Mercedes with 107 units. Jaguar is one of the five manufacturers that boosted sales compared to last year, selling five units against none in the previous period.
The outlook seems to be most optimistic for Subaru, which sold 55 vehicles in January and February versus 30 last year.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: Inspections of Fast Loan Companies are starting all over the country
- » Bulgaria: Natural Gas in June will become cheaper by 15% thanks to the Azeri Gas Interconnector
- » Bulgaria: The Budget Committee accepted the Budget Extension
- » Bulgarian National Bank: We are on the Final stretch on the Road to the Eurozone
- » Bulgaria imported over 55,000 tons of Fresh Vegetables and 66,000 tons of Fruit in January and February
- » Bulgaria fails to achieve Good Placement in Sustainable Tourism Ranking