Bulgaria with Lowest Base Interest Rate in Two Years
The Bulgarian National Bank (BNB) has lowered Bulgaria's base interest rate by 0,43 percentage points bringing it to its lowest level since January 2007.
Thus, starting March 1, 2009, Bulgaria's base interest rate will be 3,49%, which is a 1,68 percentage points drop since the beginning of the year when it stood at 5,17%.
In December 2008, Bulgaria's base interest rate reached its highest value in ten years - 5,77%.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » World Bank Raises Growth Forecast for Bulgaria
- » Over BGN28 billion has been syphoned off from Bulgaria since 2005
- » Fitch Ratings Affirm BDB Rating at BBB, Outlook Positive
- » Bulgaria Will Take On a New Debt of BGN 500 million
- » Inflation in the Eurozone Reached a 13-year High
- » Bulgaria's Foreign Debt Soaring - Bulgarian National Bank