Colorful Exhibition to Mark Birthday of Famous Bulgarian Artist
Aksinia Djourova, art critic and curator of the exhibition, stated "They say that Picasso dominated 20th century world art. Uzunov did the same in Bulgaria."
The Dechko Uzunov gallery possesses 13,000 oil paintings, water colors, drawings, designs and sketches by Uzunov. The works were donated to the Sofia municipality by his heirs: artists Hristo Neikov, Atanas Neikov, Elena Vulchanova and Penyo Vulchanov.
The gallery is housed in Uzunov's workshop on Dragan Tsankov Boulevard, a two-story building in the compound of the artist's house.
Some of the works have never been on display. One of his unknown works was only recently donated to the Dechko Uzunov House Museum by a Bulgarian family living in Paris. It is a portrait from before 1944 of a Bulgarian piano player, who was close to Uzunov's family.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » The Extinguishing of Fires all over Bulgaria Continues - “Maritsa” Highway will be Closed
- » Bulgaria: No more Masks in Some Places from Tomorrow - See Where they Remain Mandatory
- » Which are the Most Popular but Expensive Destinations to Study Abroad
- » Bulgaria: A Landslide on the Beach in Albena Buried a Man and a Woman - They are Alive
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 2318 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » Bulgaria: The Extinguishing of the large Forest Fire near Panagyurishte Continues