Former US Assistant Secretary of State Robert Gelbard
He jointed the US Foreign Service in 1967. His overseas assignments have included the Philippines (1968-70), Brazil (1970-72), France (1978-82).
He served as US Ambassador to Bolivia in 1988-1991, and Indonesia in 1999-2001. He is a member of the American Academy of Diplomacy.
In the Clinton Administration, he held the office of Assistant Secretary of State for International Narcotics and Law Enforcement Affairs.
He was also an envoy to the Balkans. In the Spring of 1998, he met with Serbia's President Slobodan Milosevic, and warned him about NATO's possible use of military force against Serbia.
In 2007 and 2008, Robert Gelbard was actively involved with the elections campaign of the Democratic Party US President Barack Obama, advising him and his team on international affairs including counter-terrorism efforts, intelligence, the Balkans, Latin America, Asia, Europe, and acting as a surrogate by giving speeches at campaign rallies.
Later, Robert Gelbard also served on the Transitional Team of the then US President-elect Barack Obama.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
People » Be a reporter: Write and send your article Expats.bg All Are Welcome! Join Now!
- » 24-year-old Bulgarian Woman Designs the World's Largest Children's Center in Italy
- » Britain's Prince Philip, 96, Leaves Hospital
- » Vanuatu's President Baldwin Lonsdale dies in Port Vila after sudden heart attack
- » Who Is Who: Top Bulgarian Tennis Player Tsvetana Pironkova
- » Bulgaria PM Congratulates Patriarch Maxim on 95th Birthday
- » Who Is Who: Bulgaria's Eurovision 2010 Representative Miro