Clinton Suggests US Could Abandon Europe Missile Defense System
In a joint press appearance with her Czech Republic counterpart, Secretary Clinton reiterated concerns about the defense system, while also suggesting the program could be shelved altogether if Iran halts its pursuit of nuclear weapons.
Clinton said that the decisions on timing and deployment of the system are "largely technical matters" and said Iranian behavior would be a key factor in whether the program ultimately goes forward.
Clinton reiterated the Obama administration's interest in dialogue with Iran, following an assertion Tuesday by Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad that his government welcomes talks with Washington based on "mutual respect."
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgarians Can Enter the UK Without Visa for 6 Months From 2021
- » COVID-19 Deaths in Romania Reached 10,000
- » Macron Calls for Distributing First COVID-19 Vaccine Doses to Low-Income Countries
- » UK Public Debt Record High Above 100% of GDP
- » Complains Rise in Sweden as COVID-19 Cases Spike
- » Turkey Aggressively Raises Main Interest Rate to 15 Percent